1. 1. Can you provide us with background details of your organization? Are you a manufacturer or supplier?
We are a design-led lifestyle brand for accessories for Kids and Home in Nigeria. We design our own products and manufacture them locally. All our raw material is sourced from Nigeria. Our entire staff is composed of locals residing in and around Lagos. Our organization provides employment and vocational skills to the locals and thus giving back to the community.
2. 2. What brands do you manufacture or represent?
We have our own designer label called Barefeet Décor.
3. As a manufacturer/supplier, what makes your brand different from others?
Our products are unique in their designs and concept. As a designer, I am always attracted to unique things which are not readily available everywhere. I have taken the same passion and vision into my work. Our products are quirky and offbeat and use a mix of African and Indian influences in the designs. Varied product categories help us to stand out as an interesting brand. Apart from this we also make custom orders as per the clients' requirements.
4. What are the developments in the interior design industry in recent years?
In recent years we have seen a surge in the demand of products influenced by Ankara (Nigerian cotton in vibrant colors and designs). These bright and colorful fabrics can add life to any place and we have noticed people in the western world especially find Ankara an exotic novelty.
5. List the top five buyers you will like to meet at the IGF Expo?
We would like to meet retailers and stockists of furniture, kids and home décor products and gift items. We feel International Buyers from these industries would find that our products add value to their collection.
6. What promotions or show-only discounts will be available at the show?
We will be running a 30% show only discount for stockists and retailers. The minimum order for the same is 5 items per collection for a minimum of 5 product types. However, we will also sell to individuals during the event at a 10% discount on our retail price.
7. Will you receive cash or POS payments onsite?
We will be accepting both POS and cash onsite
8. The IGF gives a springboard platform to enter or expand in Nigeria and West African market. What are you looking forward to during the event?
We are participating in the trade fair with the objective of connecting with trade partners from around the world who would be interested in showcasing our vibrant and colorful products in their stores. This is our first endeavor and we hope to impress potential buyers with the quality and uniqueness of our products.Read more Expert Interviews